Hello World!

Hello Blogger World!

It's been almost an entire year since I've blogged! I have a new design, a new title, and I've archieved my entire old blog to another location that I will likely just keep tucked away for my own personal reference. Here's to starting new!

So much has changed over the past year for us that I don't even know where to begin! I know some of y'all are friends with me on facebook or Instagram so you've been kept up to date with recent events. This past year has been an emotional roller coaster with extreme highs and extreme lows.

My journey with Olivia went back to places, feelings, and fears I thought I would never experience again with her. Life is so precious and having Olivia still with me today is a constant reminder to not to take ANYTHING for granted, that in a blink-of-an-eye everything we have and love can be stripped from us.

Here is a brief recap of the past year since I last blogged. I will do posts on each topic but in the meantime...

My last post in March 2014 talked about our engagement, getting two new puppies, and riding Olivia for one of the first times
  • Most of the summer was spent wedding planning, potty & house training our two pups, and lake time on my parents new house boat.
  • I became an active volunteer for a local pet rescue organization in which I am still active in.
  • We got married on September 6th and honeymooned in Jamaica for a week.
  • On Thanksgiving morning, the farm where Olivia has lived since she was 5 months old caught fire, claiming 18 lives; 15 horses, 2 miniature companion donkies, and one dog.
  • During the month of December, Olivia spent 4 weeks fighting for her life in two different equine clinics.
  • January and February of the new year has been spent rebuilding Olivia's health
It's good to be back to blogging! I will hopefully be using this new space to chronicle my life, my life with Olivia, and my life as a dog rescue volunteer!

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I thought you had just disappeared! Glad to see you back. I remember hearing about that fire, but I didn't know you were there. I'm so sorry.

    On a lighter note, my husband and I were married and spent our honeymoon in Jamaica. I love it there! Looking forward to seeing your posts again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I am so glad that you and Olivia are okay. Welcome back to blogging and best wishes for Olivia's continued recovery. Congratulations on your marriage. Good thoughts to you all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!! I can't wait to see Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog layout and look is beautiful! The fire is an awful thing to have happen. I don't board but I did for two months this winter and I can't help but look at a barn and always think of the potential for fire. So, so, sad......I can't imagine. I'm glad your mare was okay! Your wedding photos are lovely! I got married last October. I need to post some photos of the wedding. I am trying to blog more regularly. Hard to believe I used to blog almost every other day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love hearing your thoughts! Please email me directly at ashley@mrsashleyandolivia.com if you want to connect!